Commercial overhead garage door product information provided by one of our suppliers – General Doors Corporation. They have a complete line of products for pretty much every commerical overhead door application. This is just a sampling of their insulated door product line.
24 Gauge Insulated VB (vinyl back)
Industrial & Commercial Steel Garage Doors by General Doors Corporation are designed, engineered and manufactured specifically for the rigors of everyday use. All of our doors are built tough with the proven strength of deep ribbed, box girder construction eliminating sag, resisting wind load and reducing impact damage. A strong continuous exterior of galvanized steel provides optimum security, while the double coated, baked enamel finish promises years of low maintenance, good looks and worry-free durability.
Steel Raised Panel (SRB)
Compare the Steel Raised Panel (SRP) Commercial model with any other make of steel door. The manufacturing quality and superior appearance are readily apparent after installation and for years to come. Engineered for widths up to 20 feet and heights up to 14 feet, this door combines the beauty of our raised panel design with the rugged construction details needed for any commercial application.
Our 24 gauge door construction is…
17% thicker than 25 gauge
31% thicker than 26 gauge
The SRP is 2-1/8″ thick pan-type door constructed with full 24 gauge steel.(.022 thickness)
- 1-3/8″ thick Polystyrene insulation with a vinyl backing.
- R-Value of 6.85, U-value of .85
- Steel is rust-proofed with hot dipped galvanizing, pre-painted on both sides with a primer, and finished with a top coat of baked on polyester for an exterior paint thickness of 1.0 mil.
- Finely detailed wood grain surface with deeply embossed panels for a sharp, well defined appearance.
- Raised panel sizes of appropriate proportions and spacing ensure all door sizes have an authentic raised panel look.
- Tog-L-Lock fastening system provides strength to joints without burning or piercing the metal.
- Resilient vinyl weather strip attached to the door bottom with an aluminum retainer minimizes air infiltration.Rivet-free door surface creates a smooth, uniform look.
General’s Advantage Commercial Door is a three layer product, made with a 1-3/8” thick polystyrene core sandwiched between two 26-gauge pre-finished steel skins with a thermal break. The steel is protected by a G60 galvanizing layer topped by a heavy duty two-coat baked–on polyester paint system. Available in widths up to 18ft, and heights up to 14ft.
- Sandwich-type construction with 1-3/8’’ polystyrene insulation, pressure bonded between two skins of 26 gauge (.017) G60 steel
- Steel is rust-proofed with hot dipped galvanizing, pre-painted on both sides with a primer, and finished with a top coat of baked on polyester for an exterior paint thickness of 1.0 mil
- Three layer construction provides a calculated insulation value of R-6.7, along with exceptional strength and substantial, solid feel during operation
- Finely detained wood grain surface with deeply embossed panels for sharp, well-defined appearance
- Raised panel sizes of appropriate proportions and spacing ensure all door sizes have an authentic raised panel look
- Double tongue and groove joint for the tightest section fit possible
- Thermal break between steel skins
- Also available in a flush versionHeavy duty hardware and commercial grade 14 gauge full leaf hinges are standard
- Three year hardware warranty